Marriage License and Renewal/Commitment Ceremony FAQs*

Renewal of Vows and Commitment Ceremonies:

You DO NOT need a marriage license and you don't need to bring us ANY paperwork because be will not be legalizing your union - only performing a "symbolic" ceremony.

Frequently Asked Question:

What papers or documents do I need?
Answer: A valid photo ID - That's it! 

What happens to the license after you get married?
The Beach Beginnings Officiant certifies the license and mails it back to the Court house. The Courthouse "records" your marriage and mails you a "recorded" copy as your Certificate. The Certified and Recorded license is the piece of paper you need to change your name with the Social Security Office, driver's license office, etc. if you wish to do that.

Where Can I Get A License?
License can be obtained locally at: Bay County Courthouse (Panama City Beach/Panama City)300 East 4th Street, Panama City, Florida, 32401.

Phone - 850-747-5156
Hours are Monday - Friday - 8:00am - 4:30pm CST. (Excluding Holidays) 

Is my marriage valid in my Country/State?
To our knowledge, yes.

Please check your local laws as we cannot give you any kind of legal advise! 

More FAQs:

  •  To be married in Florida you must have a Florida marriage license - NO - you cannot use a license from another State 
  • You may obtain a Marriage License at ANY Clerk of the Courts Office in Florida during normal business hours. Their offices are NOT open on weekends or major US Holidays. 
  • Both parties must be 18 years of age or older 
  • NO blood test is required 
  •  NO physical exam is required 
  • NO residency is required 
  •  NO Birth Certificate is required 
  • NO Divorce decree is required if you divorced more than 3 months ago. All you will need to know is the date the prior marriage(s) ended. 
  • The marriage license fee is paid at the court house and some counties take cash only as their only method of payment. 
  • A MUST: Both parties must be present and each party must have a valid photo identification such as a driver's license, state identification card, government or military identification card, or a valid passport. 
  • US Citizens only: A social security number is required to obtain a marriage license; you don't need the card, just the number. If either party is from a foreign country and not a US citizen a valid passport is acceptable. 
  • Florida residents only have a 3-day waiting period, unless a premarital course is taken. This means when you visit the Clerk's Office, you will be given the License right way, but won't be able to get married for at least 3 more days. Florida Residents only.
  • If you are NOT a Florida Resident, there is NO waiting period for you! You can get married the same day you obtain your marriage license if you wish. 
  • Just the two of you? It's OK! Witnesses are not required to get married in Florida - go ahead and Elope to Florida!
  • Couples are required by law to read a handbook supplied by the Clerk and sign a statement acknowledging that they have read the handbook before applying for the license. This can be done the same day as applying for the license. You may also download the required forms from some Clerk's websites! 
  • Marriage license valid 60 days from the date issued 

* Due to ordinances put in place by Walton County officials, any weddings being done in Walton County will have additional ordinance fees of $750 plus the cost of the Walton County permit fees.